Irish Apple Maple Pork Chops
Submitted by Tyna Willett
4 6 oz. boneless pork loin chops
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. good Irish whiskey or bourbon
1/2 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. Ben’s Pure Maple Syrup
1 apple, washed, peeled, cored and chopped
1/4 tsp. fresh thyme
Salt & pepper to taste
Cook pork chops in a heavy skillet about 10 – 12 minutes on medium heat. Do not cover cook the chops. Remove and keep warm.
Add to the skillet the oil, garlic, bourbon and cover. Cook over high heat 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, maple syrup, apple, salt & pepper cooking until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the thyme and cook 1 minute.
Serve sauce over the chops. Can be served with either spuds or noodles!
Bacon Wrapped Maple Scallops
1 lb. sea scallops
3/4 cup Ben’s Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 cup soy sauce
12 slices of bacon halved
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Stir together maple syrup and soy sauce. Marinate scallops in bowl and cover with plastic wrap. (Marinate at least one hour)
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Arrange bacon pieces on baking sheet so they do not overlap. Bake in preheated oven until some of the grease has rendered out of the bacon; the bacon should still be very soft and pliable, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon from the baking sheet and pat with paper towels to remove excess grease. Drain or wipe grease from the baking sheet.
4. Wrap each scallop piece with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place onto baking sheet. Sprinkle the scallops with brown sugar.
5. Bake in preheated oven until the scallops are opaque and the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
Maple-Glazed Chicken With Veggies
2 1/2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
3 Cups Cut Veggies of your choice (I prefer carrots, potatoes, and sweet potatoes)
1 Large Onion cut into wedges
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
1 Tablespoon Margarine/Butter
1/3 Cup Ben’s Pure Maple Syrup
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Grease baking dish with a brush using cooking oil.
Place chicken in dish.
Surround chicken with cut veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper over dish.
Pour chicken broth over veggies and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
While chicken is baking put butter in small sauce pan until melted and add maple syrup until blended. Brush mixture over the entire dish and bake for another 15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
Place chicken and vegetables on a serving platter and enjoy!
Steak Tip Salad with Maple-Mustard Salad Dressing
1 lb Steak Tips
Ledge Top Maple Barbecue Sauce
1. Marinate steak in Maple Barbecue Sauce for 1 hour to 24 hours
2. Grill Steak Tips for about 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness
3. Cut steak tips and place upon favorite salad blend
4. Top with Maple-Mustard Salad Dressing or favorite dressing
Maple-Mustard Salad Dressing Ingredients:
1/3 cup Ben’s Pure Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons finely chopped shallots
3 Tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk
Back to Top